Change Region

Language Español Português




Santiago, Chile, April 21st, 2014. - Terex Latin America is going to participate in the 2014 EXPOMIN, to be held from April 21st through 25th, in Santiago, Chile, at the Espacio Riesco, Av. El Salto 5000, Huechuraba, along with Trex, its distributor. The exhibition will count on over 1,600 companies from 35 countries launching and introducing products for a broad range of areas.

To emphasize its presence and its product range, Trex will be presenting three business lines it distributes for Terex:

Cranes: Focusing on the all-Terrain cranes line (AC), Trex will introduce models for 140 and 500 tons - Terex AC-140 and Terex AC-500, respectively, which are versatile equipment, adjusting to a great variety of work types, as required by the region.

Genie's Aerial Work Platforms: With a diversified line of excellency products, including Booms, Telehandlers and Lighting towers, Trex completes its portfolio as it provides customers with full solutions when it comes to lifting cargo and people.

Port Equipment: Finally, the company also brings their port solutions into focus, emphasizing the renowned equipment from the Reach Stacker line, which excels in safety to stack up to 6 full containers and the FDC line, known for its agility in stacking up to 8 empty containers.

This 2014 EXPOMIN - the 13th edition of the event, shall create approximately US$1,700 million in business opportunities. For the Chilean mining segment, this amount proves the importance of this market for the country, especially across the mining industry. Nowadays, Chile produces 5.4 million tons of coper (approximately one third of the worldwide production), being 70% of that volume from the private mining sector, while the remaining 30% come from Codelco.

Challenges of the industry - With a portfolio of projects amounting to above US$ 100,000 million in terms of investments for 2020, such initiatives demonstrate that, if Chile keeps approaching mining as an economic strategy, the country will certainly remain among the top destinies for global investments.

In both versions of the event, the EXPOMIN has debated this and other issues during the Congress held simultaneously, counting on the participation of highly reputed experts of the industry.

About Terex

Terex Corporation is a diversified global manufacturer of a broad range of equipment focused on delivering reliable, customer-driven solutions for many applications, including those from the construction, infrastructure, shipping, transportation, quarrying, mining, refining, energy, utilities and manufacturing industries. Terex reports in five business segments: Aerial Work Platforms; Construction; Cranes; Material Handling & Port Solutions, Materials Processing and Utilities, represented by Terex, Genie, Powerscreen and Demag brands. Terex offers financial products and services to assist in the acquisition of Terex equipment through Terex Financial Services.
To learn more, please, visit our website: www.terex.com.br



Press relations
Bruno Picini - bruno.picini@terex.com
Mobile: +55 11 9 8673-4697